Friday, May 11, 2012

For Mom...

For my mom...my best friend. I'm sharing this here because these things should be shouted from a rooftop and not just read in a card.....all the great things you are:)
Have you ever known a woman, a Godly woman, an inspring woman that makes you think "if I could only be a little bit of her how awesome would I be?" Well, that woman is my mom. For those of you who know her you'll be nodding your head in agreement while you read this. For those of you who don't you'll be wanting to meet her. My mom is an incredible woman full of wisdom, strength, Godly character, and love. She's not only full of these things but she displays them with her actions. She actually walks these things out, truly being Jesus in skin to a world in need. As my mom she's always been there, through every hard and happy time. She's helped guide me through life's growing pains, and through wisdom and prayer helped shape me into the woman that God created me to be. Now that I am a parent it's even more clear all that she did for me growing up. I'm learning that teaching and guiding your children is difficult. I see how many parents try to just be a "friend" to their children, its certainly the easier route. My mom, however, took the responsibility seriously. I'm so thankful, now, for all the tough decisions she made and disciplining she had to do.
I could go on and on about how great of a mom she was and is to me. The truth is, although I'm an only child, my mom has been a great mother to many other "kids". She has such a mothers heart that she opens her arms, her heart, and her home to anyone who is in need of a mama. I know there are countless people out there who were tremendously helped and encouraged by my mom over the years. Her true hearts desire is to bring people into their destiny in Christ. She pours herself out and helps all she can through wisdom and prayers to push people upward into their true calling. She is honestly the most unselfish, giving person I have ever met. Always going above and beyond to help others and do things for the Lord in excellence.

I'm so blessed to have her for a mom. I often wonder why I got to be her only daughter? All I know is that I'm blessed and very. very. loved by God. I love you mom! Thanks for being the best mom and the best Noni in the whole world!

Oh & P.S. - All this talk about how great of a mom she is, she's also the best grandma ever! We are so blessed to be able to see and spend time with her just about everyday. This little guy looooves his Noni to the moon and back!


We love you Noni!
Happy Mothers Day!

With Love, Angela

1 comment:

  1. you do have an awesome mama...I am happy you share her with us! ....the apple doesnt fall far from the tree if you know what I mean...ha! I am sucha suck up :)

    ReplyDelete